Moms and wifys, let’s start the BER month from light to lifted spirits by trying some simple recipe yet healthy and flavorful. Salmon is delicious by itself and a great fish for the grill. For this dish I gave all the credits to Linda Campbell Melton who had shared her recipe. I commend you also prepare this simple soy sauce and brown sugar marinade, with hints of lemon and garlic. These are the perfect sweet-salty complement to rich and tender salmon fillets. Yumminess! Sure you’ll love it too…happy Sunday 🙂
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon ﬁllets, with skin
- I teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and olive oil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Season ﬁllets with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the lemon mixture and ﬁllets in a ziplock bag, and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Lightly oil grill grate.
- Place salmon fillets on the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve hot with side dish like steamed veggies and or steamed rice. Enjoy!