Eid holidays came and gone, howbeit with the summer heat striking at it’s peak over here we didn’t think of going out for any outdoor activity. Yet staying home during daytime means cooking and preparing something cool and different like what i’ve got, the sweet and luscious no bake cake recipe, Crema de Fruta made of M.Y. San Chocolate Graham Crackers.
Crema de Fruta is a popular Filipino dessert. It is usually oven baked and composed of different layers of fruit cocktail, gelatin, and cream. To eliminate the need for baking, this recipe has been replaced by graham crackers as the sponge cake. Different types of fruit can also be used like peaches, mangoes or anything that suits your taste. Here are the ingredients and procedure of how I’ve made it:
- 1 big can fruit cocktail (Del Monte). Drain and reserve the juice.
- 1 pack M.Y. San chocolate graham crackers (about 200 grams)
- 2 cans 160 grams Nestle Cream original
- 1 big can condensed milk (Nestle)
- 1/2 pack unflavored gelatin powder (Mr. Gulaman)
- Pour nestle cream and condensed milk in a mixing bowl. Whisk well until well combined.
- In large square container or pyrex dish, arrange graham crackers. Spread and cover them with cream. Repeat another layer and top with fruit cocktail; reserve the other half can of fruit cocktail for another layer (with fruit cocktail on top of the last layer).
- For additional toppings, dissolved gelatin powder in cold water. Simmer on medium heat, and add the fruit cocktail syrup. Stir occasionally until mixture boils. Let it cool for 1 -2 minutes.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the graham crackers and fruit. Put in fridge, chill, serve and enjoy!