Pork Menudo has been a special dish in my home country and that no parties will ever be complete without menudo but have you ever tried Chicken Menudo? You can try this recipe of mine and forget about pork menudo. When you are living in a place like ours that you rarely encounter porky then you can think of an alternative to satisfy your craving taste buds of the dishes you’ve been missing.
- 2 boneless chicken breast cut into thin bite size slices
- 1 teaspoon of lemon or kalamansi juice
- 1 white onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of tomato paste
- half a cup of tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or any cooking oil
- 2 carrots cut in cubes
- 1 medium size bell pepper cut in cubes
- 1 large potato peeled and cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas (pre-cooked)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon maggi magic sarap
- salt to taste
- Start by mixing in a small bowl the lemon juice, soy sauce, tomato paste and black pepper. Mix well. Use this a marinade for your chicken, marinate for at least half an hour.
- Afterwards, heat a pan and pour the olive oil then start stir frying carrots and potatoes until edges becomes brown. When done trasfer in a plate and set aside.
- In same pan with the oil sauteé your garlic, onions and marinated chicken. Cover it and let it simmer in low fire for about ten minutes.
- Next add the carrots, potatoes, green peas and bell pepper continue stirring then add the tomato sauce. Pour in water, cover it and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, maggi magic sarap and salt to taste. Wait until the sauce thickens and turn off the fire.
- Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!