It’s been a long time since I haven’t posted recipes here, and today is a “no diet” day for me with Arroz A la Cubana …Getting up late on a cold morning with a full and satisfying meal is just what I need, no diet for a day I think won’t make any difference lol…Good day everyone! Here’s another simple dish to prepare and best of all it’s a complete meal where you can get your veggies, carbs and protein in one plate.
Topped with a classic trio—sauteed savory ground beef, fried egg, and fried saba bananas – this plate of rice makes a wonderful meal anytime of the day. This is a dish that originated from the Spanish arroz a la cubana which is nearly similar but instead of the sautéed beef it is served with tomato sauce. Please find below recipe:
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 1 big carrot (cut into small cubes)
- 3 small potatoes (cut into small cubes)
- 2 green & red bell peppers (deseeded and cut into wedges)
- 1/4 cup cooked green peas
- 2-3 tbsp of raisins
- 1 medium sized white onion (chopped)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes (deseeded and chopped)shopping list
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- salt and msg.
- about 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- vegetable oil for frying
- Fry the cubed potatoes and carrots in vegetable oil just until the edges starts to lightly browned.Place them on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the ground beef, stir to break them up.
- Add the garlic, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers and raisins. Cook until the veggies start to soften.
- Pour in the tomato paste. Mix well.
- Season with salt, msg. and pepper.
- Stir to blend well.
- Add the fried carrots and potatoes.
- Stir then turn off the heat.
- Serve with fried egg and plantain banana(saging na saba) as toppingsor side dish on a plate of rice.
- Share & enjoy!