I have some frozen prawns but I haven’t think of what to do with it. I was thinking of the usual recipes which are “halabos”, “sinigang” or “ginataan” but no! I want something easy yet different this time and here it is ….Sweet & Spicy Prawns Stir Fry. Coming across this dish from a popular site I did think twice as it would mean eating something that is too spicy might be incredibly uncomfortable. But yes, I can always adjust the amount of chili from hot to mild and the sweet taste…ohh i just love it! And so I did try the dish I must say, it was a trial without regrets. It tastes real nice and goes well with either fried rice or steamed rice.
You can try the recipe below:
- 1 lb prawns
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chopped birds eye chili (labuyo)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or any ordinary cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- Salt, msg. and pepper to taste
- Combine soy sauce, ketchup and sugar. Mix and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger and garlic. Cook for 20 to 30 seconds or until light brown.
- Put-in the prawns and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the ketchup mixture, scallions, and chili. Stir fry for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with steamed or fried rice.