Bangus or Milkfish is a favorite Filipino fish whether its cooked as sinigang, paksiw, fried or grilled. Yesterday, I was thinking of what to cook for dinner as I don’t have a lot of choice for the week since we didn’t go for groceries during the weekend. I remember I had a pack of bangus belly untouched from two weeks back and I don’t want to simply fry it. What did I do? I browsed the net and I got some idea on how to prepare Bangus Belly Fillet Steak but again I made it according to my style and here’s the finished product. To pair with the steak I had fried rice bursting with the flavor and aroma of garlic. For my hubby’s not so complicated but choosy appetite it was one of a perfect meal, he might have not uttered it but obviously he finished a big plate of garlic rice, hurray!
- 1 pack Bangus Belly fillets (about 450 grams)
- 1 large white onion; peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 pc. large lemon; juiced
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic; peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil for frying
- msg. and pepper to taste
- Mix the lemon juice, pepper, msg. and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Marinate the Bangus Belly for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a little amount of cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Lightly fry the garlic and onion rings separately then set aside.
- In same pan add the remaining oil then fry the fish until browned.
- Arrange cooked bangus in a semi-deep dish.
- Meanwhile boil the marinade in a separate pan for about 2 minutes and pour on the fish .
- Sprinkle fried garlic on top and garnish with onion rings.
- Serve hot with garlic fried rice.