Chicken and Pasta in Alfredo sauce is a great combination if you want something different but a heavy meal. In slightly more time than it takes to boil the noodles you’ll have a creamy, rich sauce draping itself luxuriously over pasta.
A week ago we’ve been in an Italian restaurant and tasted the same dish, it was flavorful yes but i find the pasta a bit hard to chew. From then on, I promised myself to prepare one of my own version… a creamy, cheesy Alfredo dish and I’ll make sure that pasta will be al dente for a more enjoyable meal. And here it goes… come & enjoy with me a late lunch!
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound penne or fettuccine pasta
- about 10 pcs. of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of cooked green peas
Instructions for Cooking
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Cut chicken breast into small strips, add salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat until cooked through.
- Steam cherry tomatoes & green peas for 1 to 2 minutes then set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, then add the cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
- Mix chicken and Alfredo sauce together.
- Cook penne or fettuccine pasta in 3 quarts boiling water. Drain, pour sauce and chicken over noodles.
- Garnish with cherry steamed cherry tomatoes & green peas.
- Serve hot & enjoy!