Last night, I was thinking again of what to cook for the next day and I remember a good friend of mine sent me a bottle of curry powder from Manila as requested. With chicken curry on my mind, I visited some sites for the recipe and at least I found one of which I can consider giving a try as it seemed truly delectable and the best thing is all ingredients are available in my kitchen cupboard. This was my first time to cook the dish that I did follow what is in the recipe.
Going through the recipe, indeed Pinoy Style Chicken Curry is a variation of the “Ginataang Manok” (chicken cooked in coconut milk). Only additional vegetables were added and the taste was spiced-up to increase flavor. And now that I’ve tried the dish by myself I must say that the recipe is truly a wonderful dish that is worth trying. Thanks to the one who had shared his recipe, I’ll not be making any adjustment on it as for me it’s perfectly alright.
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 big potato, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 thumb ginger, cut into strips
- 1 cup water
- a pinch of msg.& maggi magic sarap
- Pan-fry the potato and set aside
- Pan-fry the chicken and set aside
- In the pan where the chicken was pan-fried, sauté the garlic, onion and ginger
- Add the pan-fried chicken, fish sauce, and curry powder
- Add water and simmer until the chicken is tender
- Put-in the red bell pepper, celery and pan fried-potato then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the coconut milk and mix well, season with msg. & maggi magic sarap if desired. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with hot steamed rice. Share & Enjoy.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Footnote: Recipe excerpted from panlasangpinoy.com