We love cooking spaghetti for parties and gatherings. Filipino style spaghetti has a twist from traditional Italian spaghetti. It has a much sweeter taste because of one special ingredient that is the banana sauce or UFC ketchup. This is what sets Filipino spaghetti apart from the rest. It’s our secret ingredient to getting the distinctive taste that our spaghetti sauce is known for as it brings out a sweet delectable flavor to the dish. Luckily, i can always find UFC brand banana ketchup in almost all supermarkets here that anytime I want to prepare spaghetti I can make it. For the noodles, i still consider our very own Royal Spaghetti the best brand but since it is rarely available here, I use Fettuccine as an alternative. You can try this version below:
- 1 1/2 kg. spaghetti noodles or fettuccine
- 1 kg. ground beef
- 1 pc. chicken knorr cube
- 1/2 kg. hotdogs, diagonally sliced
- 1 kg. del monte tomato sauce
- 1 big bottle banana sauce or UFC ketchup
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup brown or white sugar
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated and melted cheese
- Msg. or maggi magic sarap
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Note to pour a little sesame oil & salt when cooking pasta.
- In a sauce pan or wok, saute garlic and onions in olive oil.
- Add ground beef, knorr cube, bell pepper and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes or until beef is done.
- Add mushrooms, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste then let simmer for another 10 minutes
- Add brown sugar and hotdogs. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with the cooked spaghetti noodles and grated/melted cheese on top.
- Share and enjoy!