Shrimps are very affordable here in Doha as compared to the actual price in the Philippines. Halabos na Hipon is the simpliest way to cook shrimp, so quick and easy that in 10 minutes everything in done from cleaning to cooking. Traditionally, halabos is serve with dipping sauce of vinegar, salt, garlic, and hot chilies.
Below is the recipe for Halabos na Hipon ~ serves/makes: 2 – 3.
- 1 pound (454 g) large shrimp (cleaned) shell on
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- a pinch of msg. to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Put shrimps, pepper and salt in a saucepan.
- Cover and let simmer.
- Stir once in a while and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Pour oil and saute shrimp.
- Serve with salted vinegar, with garlic and hot chili.
- Share & enjoy!