This is my first try to cook tuna fish. I decided to try tuna as it looks fresh and price is a bit cheaper than the some of the big fishes that I used to buy. Since I’m not so used to cooking this kind of fish I just did some simple steps to cook it and I called the finished dish as Tuna Steak. Hurray! It’s meaty and turned out to be delectable, try this recipe…with my cooking instincts and good taste I bet you’ll like it too!
- 1 medium size fresh tuna fish or half size of a big tuna (about 1 kg.)
- 4 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cloves garlic; crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cooking oil (for frying and sauteing)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 pc. lemon; juiced
- 1 pc. large onion; sliced into rings
- a pinch of msg to taste (optional)
- Cut the fish into slices and boiled slightly in vinegar, garlic, pepper and salt to remove the bad odor or ‘lansa’.
- Fry the slices after removing it in the vinegar boiled mixture.
- Sautee garlic, add soy sauce, msg and drops of lemon to give a lemony aroma and taste. Add fried tuna and simmer for at least 2 minutes.
- Add onion slices and serve hot with steamed rice.