Chop suey is a Chinese dish primarily made up of mixed vegetable with meat like chicker, beef, shrimp or pork, added for extra flavor.
In the Philippines, Chopsuey is a common dish and considered to be one of the top vegetable dishes. The local variation includes chicken liver, shrimp, and seasoned vegetables.
I usually thicken the sauce of my Chopsuey to bring out the good taste by using Knorr cream of mushroom soup. Try this recipe below:
- 1/2 lb. shrimp deveined
- 1/4 lb. boneless chicken sliced
- 1/2 lb. chicken liver sliced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 head white onion chopped
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 piece cabbage, quartered
- 1 cup green bell pepper,sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup sayote sliced
- 12 pcs. quail egg
- 1 cup young corn sliced
- Shrimp juice (derived by crushing the head of the shrimp)
- 2 cups boiled water
- 1 pack Knorr cream of mushroom
- salt, msg. and pepper
- Saute the garlic and onion.
- Add the boneless chicken and saute for 2 minutes
- Put-in the chicken liver and let cook for 3 minutes more.
- Pour in the shrimp juice and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp then sprinkle some salt, msg. and pepper.
- Add the oyster sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the cauliflower, sayote and cabbage then mix well
- Add the carrots,snow peas, young corn and bell pepper. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked
- Dilute the knorr cream of mushroom in 2 cup of hot water then pour mixture in the pot.Add boiled quail eggs. Mix well.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!