Shrimp Sautéed in butter with a lot of garlic is basically what this dish is all about. The authentic recipe, uses parsley to add on its taste but here I’ve used onion springs as it is much available in the market at anytime. For lemon soda marinade I prefer using 7-up (soft drink), this gives a sweet taste that blends the rich flavor of butter and garlic. For a dish that is loved and enjoyed by several, I personally would recommend you to try my version.
- 1 kg. shrimp
- 2 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 4 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups lemon soda (7-up)
- ground pepper, salt & msg.; msg. optional
- Marinade the shrimp in lemon soda (7-up) for about 10 minutes
- Melt the butter in a pan and heat it up until hot enough to cook the garlic
- Add the garlic and cook until the color turns golden brown
- Put-in the shrimp (including the liquid marinade) and let cook until the liquid completely evaporates. Do not overcook the shrimp, if you think that shrimp is already done and you still have much liquid, take out the shrimp and set aside and put it back when you reach the desired stickiness of the sauce.
- Add ground black pepper, msg. and salt.
- Sprinkle the spring onion and serve hot.