Rellenong Pusit literally translates to Stuffed Squid: “relleno” is the Spanish word for stuffed. This recipe calls for large squids to be stuffed with onions, tomatoes & green pepper. Others prefer cooked ground pork as their stuffing but I prefer vegies for a health reasons. This is best served with soy sauce & lemon dip on steamed rice or as “pulutan” with coconut wine or commonly called “Tuba” in our locality.
- 1 kg. kilo of fresh squid (large sized) clean & remove tentacles
- 2 red onions chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons of kalamansi juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 table spoons of cooking oil
- Mix the cooking oil, lemon or calamansi juice and soy sauce. Pour this over your squid and mix evenly.
- In another bowl mix the onion, green pepper, tomatoes and parsley. Insert this inside your squid.
- Close the opening with a toothpick.
- Grill over medium fire for about ten minutes or depending on the size. Do not overcook. (If desired deep frying can also be applicable.)