Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Often called Coconut Pudding, this delicious dessert is easy to make and the ingredients are very common.
Unknown to many, the original Maja Blanca Recipe does not include corn and milk. In this recipe, whole sweet kernel corn and evaporated milk for a tastier and creamier texture, condensed milk as sweetener instead of using sugar. You can try this Maja Blanca Recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk (1 big can)
- 2 1/2 cups evaporated milk (1 big can)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 15 ounces whole sweet kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon powdered vanilla
- 3 tbsp crushed peanuts or cashew nuts
- Pour the coconut milk and evaporated in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the condensed milk, whole sweet kernel corn, vanilla powder and then stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Simmer for 8 minutes
- Combine the fresh milk and cornstarch then whisk until the cornstarch is diluted
- Pour the fresh milk and cornstarch mixture in the cooking pot and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to cook while stirring in a medium heat until the mixture reaches your desired thickness
- Pour the mixture in a serving tray then arrange and flatten the top using a flat tool such as a wooden spatula.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts.
- Allow to cool down then refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Serve cold. Enjoy!